Thursday, February 6, 2014

Humanity: I got it all Wrong!


School is the temple of learning and its also the place where we make gross blunders and gather an experience of life. It particularly displeases to the core if those blunders are inspired ones; you know, “I did it because of them!!” kind. My lineage was very humble, my parents always taught me to be kind to others, be sharing, spread happiness etc etc. They told me, this is how I can make more friends, this is how people will love me. Yea, why won’t they! Today I stand and tell you, I was grossly misled that too by my own parents. My movement in this regard was like a slap on the face each time.

Christianity today stands strong with over 2 billion followers. Its more than 2000 years of foundation! I won’t fail to mention but facebookers are about 1.1 billion in 10 years surely making them next in the race of forming a religion! Not to diverge from the topic but I confront the issue that Christianity and similar religions teach us the true form of humanity and self sacrifice. People say Jesus loves you, he saves you, he takes away all your sins if you love him back. Worst part of the scenario is that everyone wants a Jesus for them but no one will ever stand up to be like a Jesus. Thats where the definition of humanity goes all wrong and religion is misunderstood. Why won’t I love a person who has just done a sacrifice for me! But am I up for it, can I sacrifice for someone? I am not asking this question to myself, I am speaking for you if you know what I mean. Facebook has no sacrifice story for humanity but still more followers everyday. Thats the truth of life!

Coming to my sacrifices at school, the first one ever I did was that of my lunch box. I was terribly hungry and there was a delicious brunch my mother had packed for me. A friend came to me with curiosity, I knew he hadn’t bought any of his own and wanted something to eat. I opened my doors.. full wide open for this hungry beast to feed on; and then there was that remark..”look fellas, his tiffin is really awesome!”; before I could react, hungry wolves masquerading as humans were on my tiffin within a flash, and all that was left for me was an empty tiffin box. Nobody loved me for it, like they love Jesus. Hey I just did a Jesus act!!!
There are several such instances, sometimes giving your seat to a fellow passenger in bus and standing all along the route, working hard with homework all night and letting your lazy friend copy it within 10 minutes and so on.

I always realized that the more I sacrificed, the more of it society wanted off me and I was never given a mention either. Now come on, you want me to put nails in my body for you to give me name and fame? I deserve to be famous for all that I have done and I am not even in anyones good books? What I feel is, Jesus did what he did because he wanted to do, it gave him pleasure sacrificing; to me, no it doesn’t! Each time I sacrificed my comfort for someone, I was sacrificing my comfort! I was a big contradiction. What was programmed in me and what I really wanted were different things! I wanted to tell the society that “BEING HUMAN” doesn’t mean giving, but it entails taking as well. They confuse “being human” with “Being God” and in their teachings they expect the same from us. Crime, violations etc increase because give and take are not taught properly, in other words humanity is never understood properly. Some people keep taking and deprived ones are either left to live deprived or their ego forces them to snatch from the other. It becomes a practice thereafter. This is where religion is grounded as it shows pseudo examples to follow. Jesus sacrificed, why should I? I am not being ingenuine; I want to give and take, and that leaves no ground for the evil to exist at all. You can feel the heartlessness in this but I suggest you stop being over emotional. You’ll falter at every step of being human if you don’t agree with me, whereas I won’t!

Religion and Science drive this world and religion is always considered supreme. Lets revamp those notions and correctly understand those examples set before us so religion can show us the correct path to the eternal purpose. Lets be humans as humans should be. Trying to be God is an open Invitation to Evil as they are different faces of the same coin.

No comments: